Crikey,
I wasn't aware that this thread was still "live".
fredricburnisky,
It is not over yet. They will provide bad info to anyone asking about your employment there. It may make a difference when you apply for another job, or need a security check background investigation.
At this stage of the game, this is the least of my worries.
I was happily taken on again by the Power Company that employed me previous to this (oh and the Fire Service debacle)mis-adventure into Industrial work.
I'm well known in town here as both a good Electrician and a Faultsman, no person that operates a place that has such a high turnover of staff as that place is going to do me any harm.
One other thing is, that place DOES NOT GIVE REFERENCES to those that leave, either in writing or over the phone to prospective employers.
One thing I have to say about referees, if your next boss has to call them, you haven't got the job anyway.
It's because they don't trust you.
Joe,

I went to the funeral home a week ago Sunday to pay my respects to a really nice electrician I worked with this summer. He had 37 years of experience. He worked around a shutter, contacted 12KV, and passed 2 days later.
I'm not talking about competent people being injured here, although I really do feel sympathy for anyone that gets hurt at work.
I'm talking about people that work as labourers and should EXPECT that machinery that they use works correctly and should stop if they use it incorrectly or the machine goes out on a fault, it stops.
I've seen people trapped in machinery as a Fire Officer before, it is not a nice situation to deal with.
The real thing here is not ME, but those that could (and probably will) be harmed by the gear that a company provides, if it is not looked after and maintained as per the manufacturers instructions.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 12-01-2006).]