Hello from South Dakota!!!!

Went on a call to repair some 1500w MH lights at a ball field yesterday. They are all perched on top of 70ft three piece steel poles.

I made it up one pole and back down again, but in the process I realized that I am fat, out of shape, and no longer 21 years old. On the way down I became aware of my arthritis and carpal tunell syndrome, and for the last 30ft I was actually scared I was going to fall.

I have done this type of work before and never had any trouble, but it has been about 5 years since I had to. I never want to feel that way again.

What extra measures do those of you who are over 35 do to help insure that you stay in shape? I think it is time for me to go back to the gym. I don't think I could carry my 242lbs up to many more poles without getting injured.

Moral of the story........... Don't take your health or your strength for granted. Those of you who are young; Please work smarter not harder. Those of you who have been around awile; Test yourself often and know your abilities, but never be afraid to admit that you can't do something or that you need help.

Today I am nursing my legs that are so sore I can barely hold up my own wieght. I need advice to stay safe by staying in shape.

You have one life.......Live safe!!

Jon

Jon Niemeyer