Sparky:
Yeah, that term was a new one to me too. That's the way they described it to me. IMHO, I think describing it like that is making light of a pretty bad situation. They seem to have a pretty cavalier attitude about the problems that beset this system.

Bjarney:
The bad thing is, I'm not certain where the EGC for the building is located, or if it even exists. I always thought it was supposed to be at the main service entrance, but it ain't there (unless someone did a real good job of hiding it) [Linked Image]. The POCO transformer bank is on a pole about +/- 60 feet from the building. From what little I know about this equipment, everything looks to be in good order. The building service is a 120/240 volt 3ph. delta type with a high leg that reads about 240v to ground. The high leg is apparently used only for the air conditioning equipment. The only other place where this leg appears is in a breaker panel in a corner of the stage, but the breakers inside are so arranged that only the "A" and "B" legs are used (it seems odd to me that the high leg would appear here at all, since this panel only feeds a few convenience rects. and some lights...). The high leg is on "C", which is a departure from what I have learned (that the high leg is supposed to be on the "B" leg - remember, of course that a lot of this system is DIY caliber) [Linked Image].

Mike (mamills)