I am a general foreman for a mid sized contractor. I have beeb on the current project for 10 months. We all see little things that are not safe and keep on going. I usually just bring them up at the GCs weekly meeting. Well I have found that this isnt good enough, today everything needs to be in writing. For some reason on this job a load of large crushed stone was dumped on a hard troweled concrete floor. They were difficult to walk on because they would slide under your feet. I brought this up several times to the super. Long story short on Dec.16 I was in the trailer doing my thing when a driver from the supply house came in and said he had 800' of 1" emt and could not find anyone to unload it. I was short handed that day and all my men were on the 3rd floor. Rather than call one down I went with the driver to unload the pipe. Carrying the first bundle across the hit these stones and went down hard on my left knee. It landes on a stone about the size of your fist and destroyed my knee. After two surgeries, some screws and some tie wire I am walking again and hope to start back on Feb.21. I still have many months of therapy to go and it has been a challenge. I lost the holidays with the family, a vacation in the islands, and much more. My family and friends have been great and very supportive. In a way I am glad this did not happen to one of the men on my crew. As I was laying there waiting for the ambulance the gc had his laborers remove the stones. From now on every safety issue will be addressed in writing.