We had no lighting over an assembly area in the plant. I troubleshoot the situation and find we are not getting full voltage in out 480/277 breaker panel. So me and 2 other guys go upstairs to the electrical room i find the fuse panel for this breaker panel LPC2. Find that i have blown fuse on the A leg so i send one guy down to get me set up electrical gloves, fuse puller, and 100amp fuse. I radio to our new boss we call them section heads that i will need to shut down and change fuse. He says don't shut down yet. Well he comes up with the gloves on fuse puller in hand and fuse headed for the panel. I say hay you need to shut that down, he says no i dont we cant shut it down. Bull #$%@ its only lights. Well he pulls the fuse live with full load down stairs nothing shut off. They pullers break in half the fuse is hanging from the incoming side of the 480V he finally gets it out. Then goes to put in the new one not knowing what caused the fuse to blow in the first place. I looked at my buddy who is also in maint but doesn't have the elec experience i do and told him to move back so we backed up. The boss started to put the fuse in and it has some nice sparks at both ends and he pulls back and goes in agian finally getting the fuse in. then goes to shut the panel and i said why don't you check the legs and make sure its ok he did and it was. Luckily no one was hurt but this guy is suppose to be our leader and in charge no one trust him or wants to work with him. He has been with us about 3months. needless to say a formal incident has been filed and it is under investigation by the company starting tomorrow.

(small edit to appease the ratings committee)

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 09-05-2003).]