I was watching a Documentary last night that looked to address the fears of our National Ambulance staff, mainly with respect to their own safety.
See, the problem is, we lowered our Legal Drinking Age over here in 2002(I think), to 18(it was 20).
And now we have a problem here, where EMS staff are being dispatched to parties that have got out of hand, to try and revive young louts that have drank way too much for thier age and they become violent once the Ambulance turns up.
Is this sort of thing common where you come from?.
Sometimes the Police are responded at the same time as the Ambulance, but not always.
I've been to a few of these incidents as a Fire-fighter, when the people at the party have set a Wood-Shed on fire or a Car parked outside the property and there are drunken people everywhere, getting in your way and making a darned nuisance of themselves!.
I really have concerns for the EMS people's safety, as most of us Fire-fighters are quite solidly built(and we have helmets, too), but you just never know what is going to happen next, with respect to these sorts of incidents.
Can anyone give me some input on what we SHOULD do about this?. [Linked Image]