Greetings All. Just found this site and I really enjoy reading your veiws. Since this is my first post, I thought I would vent about something that really gets me steaming!

Home Inspectors.

Is it just me, or are all of those guys complete idiots when it comes to judging our work? I have almost come to blows with some of these guys. I mean, I'm just a liscensed master electrician with 20 years experience - those guys take a 3 day course at the local community college and all of a sudden they can make a homeowner think their house is about to burn. I am refering to new homes here. And to all of you legit inspectors, you will know I am not talking to you. What do guys think?

I have to relate a story to stress my dislike here. On a new home, one of the last things I do is install the cirucit breakers. I had turned off the main and began making my connections in the panel. While I was doing this, the inspector was noticing that nothing in the house was working. Without investigating the panel where I was working, the guy started telling the homeowner that the electrician had incorrectly installed the outside main disconnect! The fight was on! Anyone else have anything like this?

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.