Hi Bob!

I've had a look at your website. The product in itself is exactly what I was looking for some time ago.

What I do question is the fact that you have put the protection in the receptable with a manual reset (switching off the circuit breaker) Isn't it better to make quality receptables? (More stringent UL, CSA or CE requirements)

I would have thought it to be all those worn out and overfused old receptables that ran the risk of starting a fire. Wouldn't this product be of more use if put in the plug? The user will then have to pull the plug out of the socket, let it cool of and then (hopefully) plug it in somewhere else.

By the way: There is market you may not have thought of. In the US there is only one type of plug/socket. In Europe there are several, more or less compatible. (Which plugs are compatible with which sockets depends on the amount of force and ingenuity used)

Personally I'd love to see a version of the Europlug (a flat plug with flexing pins small enough to fit all sockets) with overheat protection.

Is it also possible to include short-circuit or overcurrent protection in your device? (I'm thinking of plugs for the British market)

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 10-03-2002).]