I think I'll print this thread and show it to the adjuster Monday morning. That would be the second adjuster since I refused to sign off on the release. The first adjuster carved my little claim of $1700 to $600 + pay the deductible.

I have 5 large drop sheets- brand new- that were soaked and under mounds of debris from the ripped down ceiling...and the 1st adjuster says I could wash them and reuse them. Incredible.

I've washed rollers and brushes yet when I paint I could smell the fire smoke. It's in the wood handles, the bristles...like the snowshoes- smoke damage there forever.

I agree- toss the lights...or use them only in my shop. I wouldn't take the risk on a clients property...and exactly: they're only $60.00. Basically, I'm replacing all the tools and regulating the smoke damaged ones to shop tools.

Again, I really appreciate the comments. "...the equipment was exposed to conditions beyond those intended by its manufacturer", will definitely be mentioned to the adjuster. The money is only a result- I'm not too worried about that. It's important to defend the principle.