OK if Paul can post a thread about Part P, I can about the problems we have had here with Home-owners taking liberties with their "interpretations" of the 1992 Electricity Regulations.
Since I have been working as an Inspector, it seems that a lot of people mis-read what was in the original document for homeowners.
It seems to a lot of people here that you just go on your own merry way and wire your own switch-board, even though you aren't allowed to.
One place I went to just after Xmas, the lady there told me she had re-wired the house herself, with some help from the nieghbourhood kids.
I asked to look in the roof and under the floor to see if the wiring was compliant.
I was refused a look in the roof and under the floor.
I said that on the basis of the Inspection, her house had failed and would not be being re-connected as planned.
She then said to me that I had no power not to re-connect her house and she would be seeing her lawyer.
I said I have your pillar box fuse in my pocket and it will not be re-inserted until this place is certified to the PoCo standard.
Later that night I was rang by my Boss telling me that the lady had served a Protection Order on me and I was not to return to the premises, or be within 100m of her.
Guys, I am not some sort of flake that posts these sorts of messages, these things really happen.
We have an un-ordinary number of strange people here in Ashburton.
I'm glad I wasn't born here!.