That's not the supplier as in the local DNO (Distribution Network Operator), but the supplier as in the company which is being paid for power and which has responsibility for metering and billing.

This is not Powergen, which is the default billing company for anyone in this area who has never opted for another supplier. The place in question had already changed to an alternate company a few years ago.

Ever since I finished the rewire in the store pictured recently in the violations forum I've been trying to arrange with the supplier for changeover of tails and isolation of the old, redundant equipment. It took a couple of hours the first day trying to reach the right department, being given various phone numbers and speaking to who-knows-how-many people, each of whom seemed to think that it wasn't his department (that's not to mention the usual tedious menus: "Press 1 if you want to transfer your business to us, press 2 if you are moving to Mars" etc.).

I eventually got transferred through to "Metering & connections." Getting an answer on that line is a job in itself. Either that or it's busy for hours on end. After finally speaking to somebody and explaining what was needed, he told me that their connections team in this area is very small and busy, so he'd have to get back to me. Within 72 hours.

The 3-day period came and went by which time it was the weekend. I tried calling "connections" again several times on Monday -- Lots of ringing, but no answering. [Linked Image]

I finally did receive a call yesterday (Tuesday), but unfortunately I was out at the time and missed it. At least I had a direct-line to call back on now. Tried several times yesterday, again either busy for hours on end or no answer.

I eventually got through this morning on the umpteenth try, explained the situation yet again, and was told that their procedure now is to send out a letter quoting the price for the work and that they require payment before booking the job. The price quoted for this simple job is also £199.

This is the first time I've ever had to deal with this supplier, and I'm not at all impressed. The name? British Gas Business.

Anyone else in the U.K. had experience of dealing with them?