Kiwi,
Target asked them to do a job and filmed it, and then asked the owner of their direct competitor to provide an analysis of the job. Of course this was biased and inaccurate. I watched this episode and it bothered me how Target can sensationalise and distort things.
That's it in a nutshell, mate.
I mean, surely, the competitor company is going to make the other company look bad.
That is very under-handed practice IMO.
Target is famous here for exposing the "Electrician And The Underwear Drawer Incident". This was majorly embarrasing for the 99.9999 per cent of other electricians who will now find that homeowners won't trust an electrician unsupervised in their house anymore.
Yeah,
I saw that episode on TV and I could not believe that that "incident" was actually televised.
Imagine how the guy that owned the company that employed the guy felt (assuming he wasn't a sole-trader) when he saw that on National TV, or indeed his family and friends.
I've always felt very uncomfortable with working inside other peoples houses, hence the reason for giving away Domestic Electrical work entirely.

We do not need idiots like this being put on TV, because essentially we ALL get tarred with the same brush by the viewing public.
And what parent would let thier child sign up as an apprentice in a trade like this, if the behaviour of that one guy on TV demonstrates the behaviour of the rest of us?.

Target has a LOT to answer for, no trade is perfect though, there are bad eggs in all of them.
I find it strange how they haven't had any builders on Target yet, or did I miss that one?.