Hello
My name is Luke and I am intrested in some some posts on this forum showing photographs of the rural distribution lines/poles in both the UK and Ireland. I am just thinking that when you travel between Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland) and Northern Ireland can you tell which side of the border you are on by looking at the poles and the designs of the assosiated equipment (pole mounted xformers etc.)?, considering that both parts of Ireland have separate networks (ESB and NIE). Also I have seen photos on this forum of ROI rural distribution but not NI, could anyone upload photos of rural distribution and transmission lines in NI as I am curious as to thier appearence. Do the the rural distrbution and transmission lines in NI use similar design poles/pylons/PMTs to those in Mainland UK considering NI is part of UK and should follow same design standards? Also I know of 3 transmission interconnectors between ESB and NIE, what designs do the pylons on these take, are they to NI or ROI specifications?
Luke