I don't think you're going to find *any* US equipment with exposed metal surfaces that are wired to the neutral. European equipment (including all of that found in the uk produced in recent decades) is designed to be safe in either polarity. This is due to the fact that polarity is random in all 2-pin plug systems (ungrounded) and in Schuko system used in the majority of European countries for grounded appliances.

The plug system used in the UK and Ireland is always 3 pin (even for non grounded appliances) and the pins are arranged in a triangle so it only goes in one way giving you standard polarity on every appliance. However, with figure of 8 connectors and european plugs inside permanently fitted adaptor plugs in use in the UK and Ireland thesedays polarity's not always "correct".

As for your power tools. I would expect that they should be OK and quite safe on the centre tapped site transformers available for 110V 50Hz site powertools found in "these islands". You might get some weird performance problems associated with the frequency difference.

I would suggest that you remove the plugs and fit standard pin and sleeve yellow CEEform connectors (as these are standard for site work here)

Failing that, if it's for your workshop.. bring a few robust US trailing sockets (extension cords) suitable for the type of use that these tools get and fit CEEform plugs to the other end.