Hi,

I have some older 3P+N+E sockets for which I need to find matching plugs. I've talked to several good suppliers but can't find any. Many people will no doubt suggest that I should replace the sockets with modern ones, but in this case I can't. They belong to vintage equipment and it's important to use metal-bodied sockets to preserve the appearance of the machine.

To allay any safety concerns people may have, the sockets will be dismantled, inspected, cleaned and repainted before use. They are also safer than most old socket designs as the plug must be rotated to switch on the power.

The socket uses four pins in a square with the earth in the centre. It is of a pin-and-sleeve design. There is no manufacturer's name apart from a logo comprising an interleaved "M" and "L" on the cover, and some very faint printing on the reverse which might say "NECTRE", but I'm not sure. Here's a picture of the socket:
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/socket.jpg

Does anyone know what these are called? If anyone knows where I can obtain suitable plugs I'd be grateful to know. Also, if any contractors here remove this kind of plug and socket when they upgrade installations, please let me know. I'd be interested in buying any plugs or sockets in serviceable condition.

By the way, I'm in the UK.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy