Paul,
1. You have the phase conductor in the middle.
This is quite a recent thing, the sequence used to be Red, Black, Green.
I have an idea that AS/NZS 3000:2001 calls for Twin + Earth flat cables to be like this.
It makes sense though, having the Phase conductor between the other two conductors, both of which are usually at Earth Potential.
3.You have a sleeved earth. (Is that plain green, or is there a yellow stripe we can't see?)
Yes, it is plain old green, the cable in the photo was taken from an old length of cable I had lying around in my office.
Earth wires in new cables here wear the green/yellow colouring these days.
4. You have a full-sized earth.
Only with cables up to 2.5mm2 do we have the Earth conductor the same size as the Phase conductor.
4mm2 has a 2.5mm2 Earth, as does 6mm2.
Chipmunk,
Our TPS cable is really easy to strip too, mainly because the sheathing is a bit softer than it used to be.
However,
This can also translate into cables being damaged easily by rough handling and of course, rodents.
Just a little side question, do you guys have an easy way of keeping 1mm2 2C+E flat when installing it?.
I've never been able to keep the cable runs of that stuff nice and neat and flat. GRRR
The insulation always ends up all lumpy and twisted looking. [Linked Image]
It may be the reason why I prefer to use 1.5mm for all but the lowest current jobs.
Anyone have any ideas?