While we're on the subject of parablic heaters, here's my two examples; this one appears to be from the early 40's:
[Linked Image]

This one is somewhat older, maybe from the late 20's. The safety aspects of both these are a worry. A two wire flex with no earth terminal provided is one thing but also having the flex terminate right on the back of the heating element seems to be unwise...anyone who's serviced heating appliances knows the outcome of that. Finally we have no cord anchorage of course, with the wires merely passing through a porcelain grommet and straight to the terminals.
Someone who has fitted a three core flex in the past merely twisted the earth wire around the stand at the back.
[Linked Image]

SvenNYC,
I like the look of that "heat dish". I had no idea those things were still being made. They certainly don't sell them here anymore. Is that a current model? I might have a look around to see if anyone's selling them online and get one. Of course I'd need two in series, or make up a triac regulator to drop the voltage.