Regarding the radio:

it's on a shelf, at the side of the bathroom way way outside anywhere that water could splash or anything that it could fall into.
I don't see a problem with that either. If it were propped on the corner of the tub, it would be a different matter. As I said befire, it comes down to people using a little common sense.

Another things, somewhat related is that all things that are safe when they come out of the box today won't be safe ten or twenty years down the road. Some is just too fragile, IMHO.
Agree entirely C-H. We have a heap of extra standards and regulations these days covering all aspects of electrical safety, yet the basic quality of construction of most items is pretty poor compared with, say, 30 years ago.
The travel kit also has a BS1363 adaptor with a plastic "ground pin."
You'll find plastic pins on some of the "wall wart" type power units these days as well. The pin is needed to open the shutters, but unfortunately these plastic pins can snap fairly easily if somebody is a little heavy handed.

Ah well, a travel can of shaving cream and a disposable razor works best for me anyway
I'm still old-fashioned I guess. I tried electric shaving some years ago, but never really felt that comfortable with it. I still use a stick of shaving soap, a brush, and a razor. [Linked Image]