It sounds as though this problem is repeated right around the country.

I've received a reply to my second query fairly quickly. (Tail end of messaage included so you can see that they disclaim anything stated in their e-mails! [Linked Image] )

There are many questions that still need to be answered in relation to the introduction of Part P.

What I was trying to say in my previous response is that Local Authorities could deal with the introduction of Part P as they would with any other new Regulation. That is they could be incorporated into a genaral application for say a new dwelling and not be treated separately.

The difference here is that we are being required to learn a new set of skills and will have to adapt our work practices to take account of this.

It is hoped that we shall have the necessary procedures in place before the introduction of the new 1st Jan.

Finally I would be grateful if you could inform me of the reason for your interest in this matter. Are you an Electrician?

Mike Radley
Building Control Manager

North Norfolk District Council

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.

Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of the Council unless confirmed by a communication signed by a properly authorised officer of the Council.
http://northnorfolk.org

Well, if the council doesn't have anything in place with barely more than month to go, maybe they won't complain too much if we don't bother to play along with Deputy Prime Minister's stupid game. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 11-29-2004).]