Paul,
Looks like you had a good read of that PDF!. [Linked Image]
OK, regarding the Voltage Drop figures for Australia, I'm not entirely sure what the reasoning behind the +10 -6% is, but I can guess that AS 60038 (Standard for standard Low Voltages) may have a bearing on this.
Also, bear in mind that Mains cable runs may be a bit longer in Australia and these figures may be to ensure that adequate voltage is available at the Installation.

With 2.8.2.2 and the interruption of Neutral conductors, the term "Consumers Mains" refers to the part of the supply cable that runs from the supply lines to the metering and the Main Switchboard, ie: before the MEN point.
This ensures that the Neutral conductor is fed to the Neutral busbar un-broken, because with the MEN system here, the Neutral and Earth conductors form the Fault current path and should the house next door have a faulty Earth electrode, the houses on each side of the faulty house will have thier MEN system carry the Fault current, through the Neutral. [Linked Image]

With respect to U/Ground cable marker signs,
Paul, it has always been required that an approved warning sign be affixed to the wall directly above a cable entry/exit point on a building.
Here's an example, sorry that it's on the front of a PoCo pillar box, but the format is the same:

[Linked Image]

4.9.4.1, gives guidance on the use of socket-outlets without switches on the same plate as the socket.
Bearing in mind, that ALL sockets, regardless of type and current rating, must have a suitable isolation switch installed upstream of the associated socket-outlet.
The main use of Un-switched sockets here, is for Dishwashers, fridge/freezers and the like, where they are built into kitchen furniture and the switch still needs to be accessible, for Emergencies.
Timers are used quite a lot here, usually as a convenience thing, for Security lighting, pumps and Air Conditioning/Heating control.
Hope I haven't rambled on too much!. [Linked Image]