Oh my, I think I should not have brought up the voltages since I seem to have made this thread rather confusing. Sorry, Loquetis!

A comment on Djk's comment:

[In Ireland] Using 3-way 3-phase RCDs/Breakers that cover the whole system would not be an acceptable sollution on their own.
In Sweden it is the standard solution.

In most countries 3-phase would only be used for loads that draw ?32A at 230V and in the UK & Ireland almost exclusively for industrial situations e.g. large motors.

This differs somewhat from country to country. The blue 32A single phase connectors are rare in Sweden while the red 3-ph 16A are common. This only serves to illustrate the diversity of the European system. In Scandinavia you can buy a 16A 3-ph extension cord in any D-I-Y store while on the British Isles, you'll find the 32A single phase cords instead. Poor manufacturers!

A comment on Paul's comment on the 127/220V system: Despite the fact that it may be grounded at the center point, the plugs and outlets are the same as in a delta configuration as only the phases are supplied to the equipment.