Hi all again
Havent posted here in a while, but now I need your expert help (again!!).

I have a Creda Condenser Tumble Dryer model 37747. 1st 2 digits of serial number are 57. I was told this was important because of the year of manufacture of the machine would affect which thermostat I need.

Anyways, recently the TD has not been giving out any heat, which was a problem a few years ago. I had a guy come out who charged me £65 to replace the thermostats, which I later found out only cost £17 from a local electrical shop. This time I want to have a go myself, but as always, need some guidance.

I spoke to the local shop and bought the replacement thermostat(s) quoting the TD model number and serials 1st 2 digits (the shop guy made it easy) - there are 2 'things' in the pack. One has a red dot on it, one has not.

They look like this -O-

Now when I opened up the back of the dryer, I immediately saw where these connectors had to go. Now whilst they looked the same, the ones already in the dryer : 1 had a red dot, and one had a blue dot.

I replaced the red dotted one with the new red dot one I had just bought, and did the same with the other.

A quick description of the wiring, as if you were looking face on at the panel. The connector on the left (red dotted) had 2 pink wires with a plug on to attach to one side of the connector, and 1 blue wire for the other side.

The other connector (on the right - originally with blue dot - now without) has one brown cable connected to one side, and 1 orangy wire connected to the other.

I simply copied the original wiring but have a couple of reservations.

Was the blue dot significant on the old thermostat? and is there a particular way these thermostats should be wired, as there seems to be no guidance, apart from how it was wired before?

By asking this I mean, I know for example, the double pink wires (into one connector) and blue wire attach to the thermo on the right hand side, BUT, is there a preference as to which connector on the thermostats they connect to?

I tested the tumble dryer and it seems to work ok, but I just wanted to clarify these points before actually using day to day again.

Many thanks in advance

Daiv