You'll notice that I haven't made many posts on this forum. The few that I have made in the past, I made before formally introducing myself, and for that I feel that I should apologize. I have enjoyed the discussion that I have seen on this forum so far, and I'm sure that the discussion will continue to be interesting in the future.

I was an electrician in the Navy from '86 to '90 onboard the USS Ranger CV-61.
I have been in the electrical industry for over 11 years now since leaving the military. I started as an apprentice, and worked my way up though journeyman, and master electrician. About 2 years ago, I took off my tools, and became an estimator. I currently hold a Houston Master Electrician's License (HMEL #688), and I am working on getting my SBCCI Master's.
I feel that there is a fraternity amoungst electricians that exists in no other craft. We are the most respected trade on all jobs. We are one of the first crafts on the job, and usually the last to leave. We are feared by many general contractors because they know nothing about what we do, and therefore they have less "control" over us. The reasons listed above are why we usually take the most "flack" on jobs.
It is for all these reasons that I feel that it is my duty to give back to the industry as much as I possibly can. Therefore, if you have any questions that you may think that I can answer, please let me know. I welcome all questions. If I don't know the answer, I will at least try to direct you to someone who can help. I extend this invitation to all in the electrical industry no matter what race, creed, or color, and no matter what part of these United States you are from. I am extremely Blessed with a wife, and 2 kids. I respectfully submit this post to you all.

Humbly,
Slam..... [Linked Image]