Ranger,
If you chop down a tree without permission you're imposed a hefty fine and have to plant five (!) replacement trees. And lots of people seem to be just sitting around watching you, just to be able to call the environment protection guys).
So you guys have the Tree Police over there, too!. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Paul,
The same attitude about the load side of metering, existed here for a while.
I am reminded of an incident that occured at the Power Board when I first started my Electricians Apprenticeship, long story short, what happened was a Faultsman had just thrown the pole fuse back in, without bothering to Megger the Mains or anything.
And within a split second of this occuring, an almighty explosion came from inside the house and the guy ran into the house and the wallpaper was on fire and the switchboard panel was hanging out of the wall by the ends of the sub-circuit wires.
Turns out that the owner of the house had an Electrician in to run a new Mains cable (to replace old Steel Conduit) and the sparky had nicked the phase wire insulation of the Neutral Screened cable and this was touching the Neutral Busbar, effectively shorting out the Mains.
No-one had tested the Installation at all and the poor Faultsman wore it all!. [Linked Image]
(how would you feel running into that?!)
I remember there was a very stern office memo(Photocopied and hand-delivered in them days)circulating at work, saying to the effect of: If you fail to test and damage occurs, better get your cheque-book out!.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 08-16-2003).]