Dear Friends,
We have an installation in Kuwait where we are planning to hold an exhibhition.Now the event management company has stated that he will be using Special Efects Lighting (MARTIN MOVING HEADS) comprising of PAR and METAL HALIDE lamps controlled by computer ,again of MARTIN make .

Further here in Kuwait the local wiring regulations state that one has to comply the following with regards to earth fault protection(GFCI):

1.For lighting circuit we have to go for 300 milliamps earth leakage relay(GFCI).

2.For power circuit we have to go for 30 milliamps earth leakage relay.

3.For fountain lights /under water lights 10 milliamps earth leakage relay .

4.For motor loads adjustable type earth leakage relay maxm of 500 milliamps.(generally 1 milliamps per KW)

Kindly let us know the setting of earth leakage relay(GFCI) we should go for the ELECTRICAL FEEDER feeding power to the MOVING HEAD of Martin make.
Further I had a very heated discussion with the event management company's Electrical Engineer who vehemently stated that no GFCI be connected to the feeder supplying to his MOVING HEAD (Special Effect Lighting)panel because the MOVING HEADS have an inherent unbalanced neutral current problem which will be picked up by the GFCI and give trip spoiling the event.He says in MOVING HEADS thro computer control large block loads of light(PAR and Metal Halide) is turned ON and OFF rapidly. But I am not convinced.

The Electric scheme of the installation is as follows.

1.CUT OUT - 300 amps,415 volts three phase capacity which takes the supply company power and is additionally protected by a three phase MCCB.

2.MSB(Main Switch Board) - 6 ways with three phase and single phase MCCB.MSB feeds power to motor loads and FDBs.

3.FDBs(Final Distribution Board) - 6/8 ways feeding final light and small power.They are basically double busbar type with seperate section for light and small power each protected by dedicated earth leakage( 30 milliamps for small power and 300 milliamps for light circuit).

That is too long a QUERY, in short the event management co. engineer has requested to forgo the GFCI clause.Please advice if I should take his request.