Ok, back from my week in Greece. Sunburnt, only with a slight heartache, not such a bad hangover as my former classmates had.
Parts of the wiring looked quite decent (PVC flex conduit, blue, black and yellow/green wires, Romex, lots of junction boxes to avoid bends and joints in outlet boxes,...). Outdoor wiring tends to be rather sloppy. Meters are in standardized weatherproof enclosures on the facades. Service drops can look quite funny, I once saw a nicely sloped piece of Quadruplex hanging from the pole, secured with a few leftovers of wire to the balcony rail. Wiring to outbuildings is usually either simple PVC flex conduit or if overhead a simple extension cord strung from tree to tree or across the street or whereever. Switches look British, lamps were both ES and bayonet cap. No ground at switches and light fixtures. Receptacles Schuko and at our hotel also... SWISS! I don't have the slightest idea why, but most rooms had both Schuko and Swiss receptacles. Panels seem to be 3phase with 3 Diazed III fuses at the bottom, a 30mA main RCD and single pole as well as some double pole breakers. All panels and components I've seen are obviously direct importsm from Germany, usually Siemens brand, VDE mark and labeled in German. Phones were 1960ies vintage Siemens phones from the German Post, either hardwired or with a plug that looks like a miniature Euro plug (about half the pin spacing, with split pins). Strip connectors are used as well as wirenuts.