Just like to relate a story that I was involved with recently.
About a year or so ago, the Local Scout Den, here in Ashburton was destroyed by fire caused by an arson attack.
The building was Un-insured, as it was owned by the Local Scouts, who could not afford to insure it.
Recently it was rebuilt by a team(read:battalion) of Builders, Plumbers, Painters, etc, in the good old Kiwi institution, the Working Bee!.
It took us 3 weekends to Frame, Pipe,Roof, Wire,Line and Paint the new purpose-made building, which some of the Scout leaders said was actually better than the original one.
(OK, we did add a FEW things!)
ALL of the Materials we used were supplied by the sheer generosity of our local Trade Suppliers, all we had to supply was the skills and tools.
One of the local Hotels even kept us all fed
(don't know how!) with BBQ's and refreshments.
The only problems we had was the weather was a little cold and the Building Inspector that kept getting in the way!
But, I'm really glad that I was involved in this project, it was good to see a team of people work together(and everyone helped each other, ever seen a painter laying an U/Ground cable?) and it went a helluva lot smoother than any job that I have ever been paid for!!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-20-2003).]