It has just been announced,that Electrical Registration, as we know it, in NZ, will be phased out(no pun intended), before the end of next year.
It will be replaced by a system(read:bureaucracy) of "licencing" of people who do Electrical work for a living, after this happens, so I'm told, the only people authorised to do prescribed Electrical work, will be licenced Electrical workers or those working under the direct supervision of one(Apprentices).
Line Mechanics, like myself, will not only lose thier Registration, but it will not be relaced with anything but individual Employer Licences(these are prohibitively expensive to obtain and audit,etc),but what this effectively means is, if you leave the company you work for, you lose your Licence, to get Line Clearances and install Line equipment, I think this is totally unfair!.
What the H**l is going on with the rule-makers of the world, it's OK for them, they don't have to abide by the rules that they make. [Linked Image]
Also, Electrical Registration is recognised the world over, a Licence is normally only recognised in one or two(at the most) countries(other than where it is issued,I mean).
What do you guys think, am I being too precious here?.
Your input please-