I've got a question. As I'll travel to Dublin next summer I thought about ways to use my hairdryer and stuff there. When searching our appartment I found an old BS 1343 to Euro adaptor. It's labeled: SHAVER ONLY! FITTED WITH 1A FUSE TO BS 646. But then it reads: 13A 250V. I opened it and the guts don't show reasonable reasons for this thing being fused only 1A. Do you think it's reasonably safe to put in a 13A fuse and run continental appliances designed to run on a 16A circuit on that?
The only other way would be to buy a 13A plug and wire it to a Schuko extension cord, but I don't think I'll have much time to go shopping there and buy plugs and stuff. Also this would require me to take tools (maybe a problem at the airport having pliers, screwdrivers and a utility knife in my suitcase [Linked Image]).
The current fuse is 1A and bypassed with aluminum kitchen foil. (Back then my dad had no idea that British rings are fused 32A, so he thought there was nothing wrong with connecting the hairdryer unfused to the assumed 10A supply)