Hi,

I have received today what i consider to be a completely OTT elecrici bill, but i would just like to get an idea of what i need to be running to get a bill over over £1100 for 8 weeks of service.

As an outline, i recently moved into a new house, a 2 bedroom terraced 10 yrs old which is identical to my old house the only difference being that i own this one [Linked Image] in the old house with the same services, gas for heating and water etc. My bill there on a card meter was approximately £10-20 per month.

However i received a bill from TXU Energi this morning which a thought may be a little high, when i moved in i took a meter reading which was 70000 approx and they sent a bill (estimated) at 71000 ish, anyway i checked the meter and the reading is 89900 which as i calculate is nearly 20000 Kw/h in 8 weeks. For the first 5 weeks of the period i didn't live here therefore only using lights (Low energy fluo's) and my trusty kettle whilst doing diy etc, the only thing i did use which i appeciate ises quite a bit of juice was a 3Kw electric radiator for a few (3-4) days in the evening to bring the heat up apart from that i used very little outside of notmal power tools.

I am certain that the amount of electric used is completely out of this world and would appreciate the input of people in the know if this is the case.

Alll i can think of is that there i a huge fault somewhere on the install here, or a faulty meter, i did have the 100A breaker (between incoming supply and meter) trip once last week, i assume this was caused by a surge and a complete loss of power for about 2 hours.

Thnks for your input.

Cheers,

Jon.