Texas-Ranger
"What do you think about using Standard NEMA devices @230V? (Mostly receptacles, could use 277V switches)."

=====

I think it's confusing for people who are not familiar with the intricacies of that particular country's electrical system (people who see an American outlet and think it will be 110 volts so they plug in their radio or computer before checking the voltage and blow it up), but American 1-15 and 5-15 receptacles can work on 220 volts with no problem.

One country I know that uses these is Peru. Voltage is 220 and round-pin European plugs co-exist with flat-pin American plugs.

Years ago, I bought an old 1960s Philips radio from a guy in Peru and it came with an old American-style after-market rubber plug dangling from the cord and the radio was set for 220.

I have a bunch of more modern radios and other devices that are 110/220 volt switchable and come equipped with either SPT-1 AWG-18 cord or .75mm double-insulated cord with parallel-blade plugs.

As far as switches go, I am looking at a standard American wall switch (single pole) made by Leviton. It is rated 10-amp 125 volts/5 amps 250 volts.

I have another one here rated 15 amps/125 volts (but no mention of rating for 250 - although I assume it will be half of the amperage at 125, so 7.5amps/250 volts?) .

Maybe one of these days I'll wire up one of these switches to my 220 volt transformer and see if anything happens...although I think that if I keep within the ratings, they will be fine.