Regulars will know that a lot of my time is spent working on electronics, and I like to pick up old radio equipment to refurbish.

By way of something different, I thought I'd post some pics of my latest project. This is a mid-1950's tabletop Regentone radio & phonograph, or "radiogram" as they were called in England at the time.
[Linked Image from members.aol.com]

This one is somewhat unusual in that the record deck hides behind the flip-down tuning scale:

For the radio enthusiasts among you, the chassis is a fairly conventional 5-tube line-up: ECH42 (converter), EAF42 (I.F.), EBC41 (detector & 1st audio), EL41 (audio output) plus EZ40 (rectifier). (They're called "valves" over here, by the way!)

The tuner section is 3-band, conventional MW broadcast, SW (6 - 18MHz), and LW (150-300kHz) which is also a broadcast allocation in this part of the world. The turntable is one of the early BSR Monarch 3-speed changers.

This one came from a local auction; it needs some work, but at least it's in good shape and complete, and it looks as though it's been stored in a dry place.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 08-30-2002).]