[quote]Becoming certified could lead to a good job though, in fact the IAEI certification process, now over 25 years old, is the best way that I know of to ensure that the AHJ is not some political hack with no experience at all.[quote/]

Joe I am certified 2A/2B/Master plan on working on 2C, but even with certifications, in the area I live becoming an Inspector would really by a major pay cut. A very good friend of mine is an inspector (2A/2B/2C)in the area I live, and the trouble he seems to be put through for performing his job is much more than I would want. Certifying inspectors I believe is useful, and needed. But more important is removing the politics from the position, also if there is a national code, then how about a national certification for electrician? Company's performing electrical service should be Accountable for holding a standard for continuing the education for the electricians they employee. In relation too producing a national code would it be in the best interest to produce a national education program in teaching the national code? All electricians should be taught the same way. There seems to be to many respected teachers and book writer that are educating in different methods, and different interpretations.
Just a thought, Thanks