Originally posted by pauluk:
We've got telemarketers trying to get poeple to switch to other companies now as well. It just seems crazy to me that we've got all these different people selling power which is all distrbuted along the same lines, maintained by the same people, etc.
Exactly, this is what OE told me on the phone, the reason for the extra charges is that they long longer have control over Marketing and will have to pass to the customer any additional cost, ie revamp reconnections, setting a pole etc. I guess it goes with the territory, only trouble is everyone will have to soaked with high bills before they finally wake up and realize Deregulation does not work, but you know the old saying as far as beaureucrats goes, if it aint broke we can always make it worse.
By the way, I'd be interested in the current U.S. price per kWh for your various utility companies. Does anyone also know if ConEd in NYC is still much more expensive than the national average? I know it was last time I heard the prices some years ago.