Discussion extracted from another thread for continuation here:

Alan Belson, posted 01-20-2007 09:45 AM
Been unable to post or edit for a few days - changed to a wireless non-qwerty french keyboard, wireless optical mouse and 19" lcd screen and loaded new AVG software on Jan 15, so lots of variables. Took Robert, my friend from Detroit, about 2 minutes to fix - turns out I'd somehow added a space to my UserName! Doh!

Trumpy, posted 01-21-2007 08:13 PM
Message Looks pretty good to me Alan!
Non-QWERTY keyboard?
I hate to sound ignorant, are you talking about a DVORAK style keyboard?

djk, posted 01-21-2007 09:44 PM
There's also an AZERTY keyboard found in France etc.

[Linked Image]

There's an Apple powerbook in French mode.

Alan Belson, posted 01-28-2007 03:17 PM
Ï ťhιʼnκ I ƒίИãļļŷ ĝot тђέ ħ@Иg οſ iT!

ÆĻаҗ

Texas_Ranger, posted 01-29-2007 10:08 AM
French keyboards have the scariest layout I have ever seen, closely followed by Czech/Slovakian keyboards.
The latter mostly have a QERTZU layout, but the numbers are all on shift like on a French keyboard and things like brackets are carefully hidden. Worst experience ever: a QERTY keyboard with slovakian layout set in Windows... so absolutely no way to tell what you're typing without trial and error. Never managed to find the brackets for example.

Alan Belson, posted 01-29-2007 11:55 AM
I purchased the keyboard, mouse and program CD from a hypermarché, special offer, 40 euros. It's a Logitec, a brand I already trust as I have their speakers, headset/mike and a corded optical mouse, which are still perfect btw, I just got fed up with tangles of wire. I made a mistake, the box showed a QWERTY arrangement, but there was a small 'tricoleur' in one corner! At the moment, I have the surreal situation of little square bits of self-adhesive white post-it notes stuck all over the offending keys, with the 'real' characters written in red biro! I've already all but obliterated 'a' and 'CAPS'. Help is at hand, as Robert is importing some QWERTY versions from the UK, and is going to swap this keyboard with that of a French client, so all will be resolved, hopefully! I do like the mouse; you can program its sensitivity, and these Logitec keyboards can also be customised to put any character on any key, [ like é etc.], which I use a lot.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 01-31-2007).]