"19 files unzipped successfully", and that's it
That's correct, it's unzipped the contained files to that folder. If you now go to c:\windows\temp you should find the 19 files. However, you may have difficulty distinguishing which files they are. To get round this, run the s14d_enx.exe file again, then type in the dialog box to change the folder from c:\windows\temp to c:\windows\temp\newfolder, you should see 'newfolder' appear in the temp folder. If you now open this, you should find the files in there, there will probably be a readme file or setup file. [Linked Image]

Edit: Oops, I realized I just basically stated a different way of doing what gfretwell already said. Either method will work fine [Linked Image]

On a side note, why do drivers often seem to come in self extracting .exes? A simple .zip extension would in my opinion be better as it allows the user to choose where to put the (frequently temporary) files, instead of randomly choosing a location. (at least in this case they chose the temp directory, better than using c:\temp which frequently doesn't exist). And I wholeheartedly agree about winrar, a much better program for the purpose in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by chipmunk (edited 08-02-2005).]