Hey Guys,
I've got a thing here that should interest you all.
Here's a bit of background to what I have to say:
I opened my phone bill last week from Telecom NZ (which is normally NZ$35 per month and 90% lines and Maintenance charges).
I noticed a charge for an International Toll Call to the Cook Islands, made at 1221 HRs, which was when I was on the Net replying to a topic in the Non-US Area, on the day in question, during my lunch break, at home here.
This call cost me NZ$10.50, even though I had no idea that I had even made it.
Now I don't know anyone in the Cook Islands, and even if I did, I'm pretty darned sure that I would not be ringing them during Peak Call Charge hours!.
It seems like some idiot has broken into my computer or some such thing.
What REALLY annoys me is the fact that I rang Xtra (my ISP, which is a subsidiary of Telecom) and they told me that I have to pay the bill regardless, this really rubbed me up the wrong way and I had a very terse time on the end of the telephone!.
But, that night on Fair Go (a national TV Consumer Rights programme), I saw complaints from 30-40 other people who had the same thing happen to them, mainly elderly people.
(only the Elderly have the energy to complain these days, everyone else has all but given up here!).
This really smells of a scam to me, what do you guys think?, sounds pretty dodgy.
Oh and BTW, I'm NOT paying that bill, no way!!!. [Linked Image]
{Message edited to add an important word! [Linked Image]}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 11-01-2003).]