I replaced a psc condenser fan motor. The bad original was a half horse motor, 1050 rpm, psc, 208-230 motor, totally enclosed, rated amp draw was 2.9. The incoming voltage is 208 and the compressor is a 3 phase. The new motor has identical specs except that rla is 3.0A. I took an amp draw with 2 differnt meters and found that it was about 3.6, about 20 percent more than rated amps. I thought that maybe I was getting some interference so I connected a long wire and took the amp draw outside the cabinet and found the same 3.6. I will probably replace the motor but in the few warm days that it has run it has not gone out on internal overload. I believe the SF is 1. I presume the motor is bad but anyone have any suggestions why the motor has not gone out on overload or why I might be getting a false reading? By the way I took an amp draw of the old motor and it was 3 amps when it would run so I imagine that the readings are not being influenced by being too close to the compressor--or else that motor's reading was about 20 percent over as well. Thanks