Would it be possible to convert single phase power to three phase power by simulating two phase power with single phase power and then inputing it into a Scott Tee transformer (or some variation of this) to convert it to three phase.

This would start with the basis that when you build a rotary three phase converter, you are simulating two phase power on the input side when capacitance is used between one (or both) of the incoming single phase lines to the third phase (producing a phase shift to start the idler motor) on the idler motor and then the idler motor produces another phase shift to get essentially a high leg 240 Delta three phase.

It is my understanding that some of the smaller transformers (dry type distribution ones) have only two sets of coils in them that have three phase input and 2 phase output. By using this type of transformer, one could produce three phase.

Can anyone explain the difference between two phase 3 wire and two phase 4 wire? As in this post of the two phase schematics: https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000028.html

The 3 wire schematic and how a RPC is hooked up is where I am getting my ideas from.

This may be impossible. Just throwing around some ideas. Any opinions out there on this subject?