Hello all;

Wanted to create a discussion regarding As-Built Plansets, and possibly D/B or even P.E. Plansets, which Members have either been involved directly or indirectly in the creation of these documents.

Would like to discuss:

<OL TYPE=A>

[*] How much detail was put into the As-Built Planset or E-Sheets,

[*] What do you wish you had put into it/them, or not put into it/them,

[*] What - if any - As-Builts have you seen,

[*] What level of - or lack of - information and accuracy were included with these Plans,

[*] What did you like / dislike about any or all EE Plansets you worked from for gathering notes, doing installs, etc.,

[*] How were your experinces with Architects, as far as obtaining Base Plans, specs, etc. for designing and / or As-Builts,

[*] How were your experinces with Utility Service Planners,

[*] How were your experiences with local Building Department/s, and waht would you suggest to improve things for each party,

[*] What were your experiences with Client's Represenatives other than Architects - like Q.C. Inspectors,

[*] What were your experiences with Client preferred Vendors,

[*] Lastly, were you and the Client satisfied
</OL>

Feel free to discuss any and all projects which fall in these categories, or create your own.

Reasons for me posting this are two-fold:
1: Want to get some "Design and Documentation" discussions going, for the benifit of all Members - in all aspects of the trade (Installations and Designs) - this way we can all learn some new stuff from each other as to Designs and References.

2: There's an on-going thread at MHE regarding "What Does A P.E. Do?", and I thought the topic would be something nice to discuss here - only drop the P.E. thing!
(or we could include P.E. and E.I.T. / F.E. discussions too! I am 100% sure no flame wars will break out here!).

Would like to also discuss ideas of preferred design (and install too), types of reference items done for As-Builts, Final Commissioning documents, labeling, and other detail stuff.
Doesn't have to be limited to Power systems only - can cover Low Voltage systems (comm/data, security, audio, etc,), EMS equipment, Motor control equipment, Co-Generation plants, lighting, anything else we would be involved with.

I have posted this topic before, maybe as far back as 2001, so wanted to bring it up for the opinions and comments from newer Members and those whom may have had the opportunity since the last discussion.

Sure hope this topic gets many hits (responses/replies), and is of interest to everyone.

Post away!

Scott

p.s. I need to compile more LAN/WAN discussions for the Computer section - will be done ASAP.

S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!