OK - false alarm - he was calling about the extra stuff in his basement we'll be doing for him...
FOR FREE!
arg...
=========================================
A builder called me today and left a text message to call him. I sent him an invoice for the house we just wired a couple of days ago and it was 320 bucks higher than he expected. Higher than he expected mind you, not higher than what we agreed. In fact, we never agreed on anything - he just let me know that he expected it to be 3000...and then told me what he wanted...

So after we went out there at the last minute, dropped everything and busted it out in a day and a half (on a weekend). I went ahead and cut my prices almost in half on a lot of his extras, charged no overhead, am planning on making an extra trip to make sure some extra wiring he ran in the basement is correct - he's going to bitch me out about 320 bucks.

So when I break it down, project the time that we'll put into the finish, subtract materials - me and two licensed electricians will earn 11 bucks an hour a piece...

Let'see - when's that 2G Insurance Bill come again?

So I guess what I'll have to do is bring it down to 3000 and the next time he calls me I won't have time for his house...

[This message has been edited by Happi_Man (edited 08-15-2002).]