Ya, the total Umph would be very much split up in the secondaries, so having a good balance of load on each secondary is really something to drive for.

Since this Animal is intended to drive Rectifiers, I imagine the loads across each secondary would be closely matched.

The output of the complete Rectifier using all these secondaries would have minimal "ripple Voltage" [the resulting left over peaks of the AC waves imposed on the DC flows]. The ripple is lessened due to an increase of 6 more waves per rotation cycle, than straight 3 phase [rotation cycle meaning for 3 phase there are 3 separate cycles with peaks at + and - per one rotation of the generating device - if that makes any sense [Linked Image]]
I'm not sure of how to explain that, as I have just come up with that term "rotation cycle". Persons should not try to look it up in tech books for verification, as it only exists in tech books from the planet Dingleberrious 9 [Linked Image] [my home planet].

Looking at this as compared to various 1 phase rectifiers, the quality of output DC is far better - even across a 3 phase bridge [as compared to a full wave bridge 1 phase rectifier].

This transformer's ratings are:
E-pri: 480 VAC 3 phase [+/-10% of primary taps] Primary taps allow from 432 to 504 volts to be used.

E-sec: 120 VAC [all 3 secondaries have 120 VAC output*]
Max total KVA: 200 KVA
Z= 5.0% [+/- 10%]

* I need to verify these voltage listings, as they were N/A at the time of photographing [Linked Image]

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!