Ya, the current coils in each stator are connected to Line [Typically the Ungrounded Conductor].
On a corner grounded delta, there's a 1 in 2 chance of the grounded leg to be run through the meter. That would probably be a code compliance issue - breaking the grounded conductor [if the meter was disconnected]. That's just an ass-umption [Linked Image] by me.

On Wye connected systems/meters, the stator coils will also be connected in a Wye fashion, so for the 4 wire ones, this "common" connection between the stators would also [maybe??] be connected to the grounded conductor. A 3 wire Wye would have the common, but since there is no conductor between the transformers and the service, there's nothing to connect that common to at the meter.

I'll draw up some schematics for meters and post them here soon. I'm going away for the weekend [hu-ray!!!]. Got almost all the transformer schematics drawn and converted from .DWG [vector format], to .GIF [Raster format]. When done, I'll make a few new threads in this discussion area [theory].

As to making the meter run faster or slower, have heard many times about meters running fast. Each of them turned out to be normal connected loads, which were drawing power.

Things like electric ranges were in self cleaning modes, or had some type of intermittant and non-intentional control system problem, which resulted in the elements being energized at full [high] level for brief amounts of time, over and over - which ultimatly resulted in excessive KWH consumption.

A few others were pump motors just recirculating a lot of water, stuff like that.

Have not found any external abnormalty causing the increase - has so far been a situation where the client just either did not know of some malfunctioning equipment, or forgot that the 25 KW electric water heater plus the pump for the new Jacuzzi spa just might draw a little bit of power [Linked Image]

This does not by anyway mean that it's not possible - just in my case I haven't found other than explained. If others have, please elaborate as I am interested!!

Now for slowing the Rotating Register down, seems like two ways to go:

1: the legal way [less consumption],

2: the Illegal way [fooling the meter].

I suggest only method #1!!!!

***Cool Trivia***
I had heard one person mention that they drilled a very small hole though the glass, in an unnoticable spot [where the meter reader wouldn't see it], in which a toothpick or something similar was pushed through it and against the Rotating Register.
That would slow it down, or make it stop competely.

This is only trivia - DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!!!! [cops, jail, fine, more jail, lawyers, judges, problems, etc. will be the result!!!].

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!