Images and info submitted by Kenbo:

At work a new lift was installed to take food barrows from the cookhouse up one flight of stairs. When I saw what was installed I asked "When will it be finished?" and was promptly told "it is finished".

I was shocked, in Photo 1 the hoist is parked up high. In Photo 2 (high level) that floor is plywood over scaffold planks.

What the photos do not show is that there is room in the hoist for exactly one food barrow. That's OK I hear you say, except that the barrow is steered from the back and you have a dead man's handle attached to the braking system. So when it is lifted to the upper level there is no way a man can get to the back of the trolley to move it off.

Ohh yes and also because it is constructed from scaffolding, it needs to be inspected every week and a safety cert issued, so all the plywood facing needs to come off so each joint can be seen by the inspector.

What else can I say apart from I have been told it is a permanent fixture and needless to say it has never been used in the week it has been up.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

{Message edited for spelling errors}