*** Submitted For TwinCitySparky ***

****** TENT OOPS!!! ******

--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------

Hello!
I thought this might be good for the photos for discussion area.

Last Thursday, while working at a church, the maintenance coordinator walks up and asks for my opinion.
We walk outside and he shows me this tent that they just put up for their big anniversary celebration.

He said the 25 tent assembly guys who were putting it up were continually getting shocked, as they touched the metal poles and such.

The parking lot lights were marked and de-energized.

The tents imbedded power/lighting cords that were not connected to anything, were humming and buzzing!

I gave a brief explanation of inductance, pointed up at the 72KV ?? lines and said I thought they might want to move the tent.

An hour later, after he talked to 2 masters at different companies, he approached me again with the tent assembly personnel and said:

"One master told him grounding the tent would help."

I pointed at the 150 or so 10' steel anchors that they jackhammered into the parking lot around the tent and said:

"Might not help much".

He then said another master told him that the POCO could place rubber maintenance service covers over the wires to lessen the effects and danger!

I then said I thought he should contact the POCO right away.

After hearing them say MOVE IT NOW! He decided to shoehorn it into a distant lot.

The tent personnel said they never ran into this before!!!

I wonder who will pay for the move? The 3rd pic shows tent after being moved.

Yikes! [Linked Image]

*** Picture # 1 of 3 ***
[Linked Image]
*** Picture # 1 of 3 ***

*** Picture # 2 of 3 ***
[Linked Image]
*** Picture # 2 of 3 ***

*** Picture # 3 of 3 ***
[Linked Image]
*** Picture # 3 of 3 ***

*** Moderator's Note: Thanks to TwinCitySparky for the submissions!

New / Posted 06-23-2006 by Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!