livetoride; Poles & posts sometimes win! We had a similar problem when we lived in England. Our adversary was the hopping young 'erbert who drove the parish garbage-collection truck. After privatisation, the contractor put a bigger truck on our rural route to save money - less trips to the incinerator. Problem was, we lived down a typical narrow English country lane, and this goon drove over my wife's flower garden every week as he negotiated the corner too fast. Polite v. English "Here, I say old chap," pleas to the driver, the contractor & the council officers and placing some white painted stones on the lane verge all fell on deaf ears, so I sledged about 6 x 4 foot by 1" diameter mild steel bars ["borrowed" from the machine shop stores!] into the roadside bank, cunningly hidden between the stones. The next week, Mad Max ripped the rear axle clean off the springs of a brand new vehicle as infinite force met immoveable object!
That cured it!
But the driver wanted revenge. A few weeks later he drove past at speed and [ I think deliberately ] clipped the stone cap of one of our gate posts. This 4000lb, 18th century edifice consisted of blocks of dressed Forest of Dean limestone, 2'6" square and a foot thick laid on a massive concrete and engineering brick footing. My sons and I had rebuilt it a few years earlier using a forklift, so it had good 1-3 cement joints, plus we had buried a steel joist in the adjoining stone wall to carry the gate loads. It was about 8 foot high, and the 'cap' was a 3 foot square "pyramid" weighing about 500lb. The wrought-iron gates needed 4 blokes just to lift them onto their hinge pins. Needless to say a flimsey truck was no match, and the side of it peeled off like a ruddy sardine can! Funny, never saw him again for some reason! [Linked Image]

Alan

Wood work but can't!