From Alan:
Joe, the difficulty of manipulating 10" flex. duct in a confined space to meet up with the correct ports certainly led to a bit of complexity.

I've drawn these simple schematics up to show the arrangement. The 'Collector Box', which can just be seen in the background wrapped in pink bubble/foil, was built from chipboard to pick up the eight room extract ducts, [ wc, utility room, kitchen, range hood, lounge, 2 bathrooms (drawing air from the adjacent bedrooms), my office], as they enter the loft and allowed a single duct to run from there to the air-handler.

The electrical circuit is pretty straightforward, with simple 2 way remote switching for the 3 operation variables. The makers' electric circuit was quite poor, it took ages to decipher because it was broken up into 'mini-circuits'- you had to find the correct coded terminal elsewhere on the drawing.

The only modification immediately planned is to add a max temperature thermostat [ = say 75deg C] inside the heater box in case of fan failure, although the heaters did not get hot enough to burn your hand when run up on the bench. Better safe than sorry.

I haven't bought humidifiers yet, and we do have a lot of house plants already. That's a good idea to use plants as the water source for re-humidification.

Techie, on the point about polypropylene rope creep, quite right, I dropped a clanger there. I'll have to change to a different suspension material.

I'm not so concerned about it dropping - it's only 1" off the floor, but the base is tilted and positioned so as the candense will run away. There are no loft windows, so UV won't be a problem.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]