Classicat,

I was interested in your mention of the 'Magnuson Moss Warranty Act'. At the FTC site I read that 'the Act does not apply to warranties on products sold for resale or for COMMERCIAL purposes'.

I was happy to see our government working for us but now I'm curious how warranties for commercial stuff is enforced. I'm guessing the lighting system is being used in a commercial environment. Do you know anything more about the legal portion?

I actually knowingly voided the warranty on some APC UPS that I used in an industrial application to power up a PLC control system. But at $500 a piece who really cares... when the system is handling $50 million a week in finished goods.

Oh yeah... and APC has the same deal on their batteries. They say 'use ours or else'....but they are just using the same ones that you can buy for half price from Battery Technologies. Anyone that's searched CDW for UPS batteries knows that the half price units are the same mfg.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... it's the same battery. (for those that don't speak duck....if volts, Amps, Temp ratings, size, charge times and amp/hr etc....all match use the third party battery.) In the end use the third party you'll have something that's probably not been sitting on a shelf forever.

Light bulb companies make lights. Battery companies make batteries. The reason the light bulbs company's batteries cost more is because they have to buy them and resell/relabel them to/for us....

RSLater,
RSmike

[This message has been edited by RSmike (edited 01-23-2006).]