Yes I agree!
In Hamilton we have many smaller subs located all over and are so well blended in with the surrounding buildings you do not know its even a substation until you have a peek 'round the back, I mean they look like very well kept HOUSES!
Anyway, most have the transformers out back encloses with steel , but in some neighbourhoods they are just fenced around and there are trees and shrubs and stuff like that hiding everything... Probably won't do any good if one of those transformers decide to fail in a "bad" way!

That substation I mentioned in my previous post, is ancient. The school where the daycare is located, is only a decade old.. The reason I was given of WHY they put the daycare at the back and subsequently near the transformers was "So the general public would not get a "bad impression" of the students that attend this school"...
Yeah right, make the school look "prim and proper", who cares that little children are playing a mere 50' from a trio of power transformers, with a mere wire fence between them..
Amazing isn't it! ):

Sorry fer drifting off topic a bit

A.D