(submitted by Joe Tedesco)
Hi Joe,

It was a pleasure listening to you tonight in Portland. Thanks so much for coming to our meeting. I know the electrical inspection is probably the weakest area for me and where I need the most help. Anyway, I thought I'd send along some photos from an inspection that I did this week. A couple of things had me shaking my head like the 100 amp wires from the street connecting to 200 amp wires on the service masthead and protected by a 200 amp breaker! Why would a power company make that connection? I guess if it was a 100 amp breaker, it would be okay, but not a 200 amp breaker, right?

Also, the double tap at the bottom left of the panel, the red and the black wires are from the same conductor. What do you think that's about?

The wire in front of the water heater was actually depicting the connection of the shallow well pump to an extension cord coming from an outlet that was on the same circuit as the refrigerator.

Anyway, I recommended that the buyer have an electrician come in and re-evaluate the electrical system.

Thanks again,

Phil P
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]